1. Principle: Optical fiber is usually a solid glass fiber drawn from SiO2 as the matrix material, which is mainly used in optical fiber communication. The principle of light guiding is the mechanism of total internal reflection of light. Ordinary bare optical fibers generally consist of a high-refractive-index glass core in the center, a low-refractive-index silica glass cladding in the middle, and an outermost reinforced resin coating.
Optical fibers can be divided into single-mode fibers and multi-mode fibers. Single-mode fiber: The central glass core is thin, and only one mode of light can be transmitted. Multimode fiber: The central glass core is thicker and can transmit light in multiple modes, but its intermodal dispersion is large, and the transmitted light is not pure.
2. Advantages: The fiber laser has the characteristics of small size, low energy consumption, long life, high stability, maintenance-free, multi-band, green environmental protection, etc. It has excellent beam quality, stable performance, high photoelectric conversion efficiency, It has won the affirmation of many laser industry insiders. Fiber lasers have set new standards for the laser processing industry with their high reliability, excellent beam quality, and low operating costs.
It has long gain medium, high coupling efficiency, good heat dissipation, simple and compact structure, flexible and convenient use, good output laser beam quality and wide output wavelength range.
1. High-power fiber lasers are all double-clad fibers. The pump light hits the outer cladding, the energy is absorbed, and then partially converted into laser light. Therefore, the material and structure of the cladding have a great influence on the fiber laser. Optical fibers of various shapes, such as circular, D-shaped, rectangular, unstable cavity, plum blossom, square, plane thread, etc.
2. This high-power wide-face multi-mode diode can work at very high temperatures without a thermoelectric cooler, requires simple air cooling, and is low-cost.
3. Wide pump wavelength range The active cladding fiber in the high power fiber laser is doped with Erbium/Ytterbium rare earth elements and has a wide and flat light absorption region, so the pump diode does not require any kind of wavelength stabilization device
4. High-efficiency pump light traverses the single-mode fiber core multiple times, so its utilization rate is high.
5. High reliability, using branched fiber direct fusion coupling for side pumping, one without any optical components, secondly, it can avoid damage to the fiber end face, and thirdly, it is easy to improve the injection of the pump source. Novel centipede-type side pumping method: many branches on both sides of the fiber are directly spliced with the LD pigtail, and single pumping is performed from different points, which can avoid nonlinear effects and mode deterioration caused by a single point of strong laser.
2. YAG laser
1. Principle: YAG laser is a solid-state laser based on yttrium aluminum garnet crystal. The chemical formula of yttrium aluminum garnet is Y3Al5O15, abbreviated as YAG. Like other solid-state lasers, the basic components of YAG lasers are laser working material, pump source and resonator.
However, due to the different types of activated ions doped in the crystal, different pump sources and pump methods, different structures of the resonators used, and different other functional structural devices used, YAG lasers can be divided into many types. For example, according to the output waveform, it can be divided into continuous wave YAG laser, repeated frequency YAG laser and pulse laser; Different doping can be divided into Nd: YAG laser, YAG laser doped with Ho, Tm, Er, etc.; according to the shape of the crystal, it can be divided into rod-shaped and slab-shaped YAG laser; according to different output power, it can be divided into high power and medium and small Power YAG laser, etc.
The solid-state laser cutting machine expands, reflects and focuses the pulsed laser beam with a wavelength of 1064 nm, and then radiates and heats the surface of the material, and the surface heat diffuses to the interior through thermal conduction. The width, energy, peak power and repetition frequency of the laser pulse are precisely controlled by digital and other parameters, the material is instantly melted, vaporized, and evaporated, so as to realize the cutting, welding and punching of the predetermined trajectory through the numerical control system.
2. Features: The machine has good beam quality, high efficiency, low cost, stability, safety, more precision, and high reliability. It integrates multiple functions such as cutting, welding, and punching. It is an ideal precise and efficient flexible processing equipment.
The processing speed is fast, the efficiency is high, the economic benefit is good, the straight edge is small, the cutting surface is smooth, the large depth-to-diameter ratio and the depth-to-width ratio can be obtained, and the thermal deformation is extremely small. There is no problem of tool wear and replacement in processing, and it is easy to realize automation without mechanical change. It can achieve high processing pump efficiency under special conditions, up to about 20%. With the improvement of efficiency, the thermal load of the laser medium decreases, so the beam is greatly improved. Long quality life, high reliability, small size, light weight, suitable for miniaturization applications.
3. Application: Suitable for laser cutting, welding, drilling of metal materials: such as carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, aluminum and alloy, copper and alloy, titanium and alloy, nickel-molybdenum alloy and other materials. Widely used in aviation, aerospace, weapons, ships, petrochemical, medical, instrumentation, microelectronics, automobiles and other industries. It not only improves the processing quality, but also improves the work efficiency; in addition, the YAG laser can also provide a precise and fast research method for scientific research.
FANUCI Professional laser welding machine& laser cleaning machine manufacturer. Follow us for new updated videos every week!
Post time: Aug-11-2022